Re: execl() sentinel - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: execl() sentinel
Date
List pgsql-patches
Chris Browne wrote:
> neilc@samurai.com (Neil Conway) writes:
> > On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 17:22 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >> I wouldn't know how to look for other variadic functions using NULL
> >> sentinels though.
> >
> > You would need something with more knowledge of C than "grep" has, at
> > any rate. Perhaps you could teach sparse to do this analysis, if it
> > can't do it already...
>
> sgrep might be smart enough...  I quite like sgrep...

Interesting tool.

However as for tools, I use cscope very succesfully for this kind of
thing.  But what we would need in this case is a list of variadic
functions.

Or were you thinking in getting a list of called functions in Postgres,
and some way of figuring out which of these were variadic?