Re: 2PC-induced lockup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: 2PC-induced lockup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 09:26:34PM +0100, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> The xid is encoded in the filename. If you can't start up the database
> and look at pg_locks, you can't do much other than guess.

So then in this sort of case, it isn't _really_ safe to delete those
files, because the commitment you made before crash when you accepted
a PREPARE TRANSACTION is going to be gone, which violates the 2PC
rules.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.  What do you do sir?    --attr. John Maynard Keynes