BUG #3438: Problem selecting backslash from a byte array - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From radoslav hodnicak
Subject BUG #3438: Problem selecting backslash from a byte array
Date
Re: BUG #3438: Problem selecting backslash from a byte array  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3438
Logged by:          radoslav hodnicak
Email address:      rh@4096.sk
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.4
Operating system:   Windows XP SP2
Details:

I create a table with a byte array column and insert a row with the byte 92
into it (which is backslash). Then I want to select the row.

Steps to reproduce:

create table backslashtest (test bytea null);

insert into backslashtest values (E'\\134'::bytea);

select * from backslashtest where test like E'\\134'::bytea;

Result:
select returns no rows

Expected result:
select should return the row I've inserted

Other remarks:
select * from backslashtest where test like E'\\134\\134'::bytea;

does what I expected from the original select, but that's wrong because I
don't want two backslashes, only one