Re: Catalog insertion - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Steve Holdoway
Subject Re: Catalog insertion
Date
List pgsql-admin
Sounds like a Bad Idea(tm) to me. If you want to create extra systemmy tables, then why not set up your own private
resources,and put them there instead???

Steve

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 11:22:05 +0200 (CEST)
Carmen Martinez <carmenmtezcruz@yahoo.es> wrote:

> I want to insert new tables in the pg_catalog schema. So I have to execute a common create table sentence like
"CreateTable pg_catalog.newTable ....", but I am not allowed to do that and I do not know why.

> Following I show one of the sentences I execute and the error messages
>

> One of the tables I try to create is:
>
> CREATE TABLE pg_catalog.COL_LIST ( OBJ OID NOT NULL, COL OID NOT NULL, T_TYPE numeric(1)  NOT NULL, LEN numeric(2)
NOTNULL, COM varchar(100) ,  PRIMARY KEY  (OBJ, COL) ,  CONSTRAINT LEN_TOO_LONG_IN_COL_LIST CHECK (LEN>=1 AND LEN<=10),
CONSTRAINT TYPE_MUST_BE_1_2_o_3 CHECK (T_TYPE=1 OR T_TYPE=2 OR T_TYPE=3))