Re: DB Install Problem - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: DB Install Problem
Date
List pgsql-bugs
This doesn't look like a bug to me, and should probably be taken up
on -general or something.  Nevertheless,

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 12:28:59PM +0530, balajisundar@midascomm.com wrote:
> The output and error stream of this installation process is redirected to
> a log file.

Since you don't show us any of this, it's pretty hard to know.

> Rarely we see that after our application installation, mydb is not present
> and there is nothing Suspicious in the logfiles.

Define "Suspicious".  I'd be looking for an error after `initdb mydb`.
Aside from that, I'd suspect your script.  It's nothing like any
actual PostgreSQL bug I've ever heard of.  Also, I note that one of
your systems is Pg 7.1.  Upgrade that _right now_.  Don't use it.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
        --Dennis Ritchie