Re: SPI-header-files safe for C++-compiler - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jacob Rief
Subject Re: SPI-header-files safe for C++-compiler
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane writes:
> It makes sense for libpq to be able to execute within a C++ application.
> As was already debated, it's not nearly as clear that it makes sense to
> try to use C++ for backend modules.

That correct. But I have to define some types using external libraries.

> In any case, you are not helping here.  I asked for a technical solution
> to a specific problem, and you are giving me political arguments.

How could a technical solution look like. Shall I write a test-programm to
compile those header-files with g++ and put AC_CHECK_PROGS into
configure.in to check if the build-system has installed a C++-compiler.
Isn't that too exaggerated? Who wants to install a C++-compiler just to
make a dummy compilation using a few header-files?

Regards, Jacob