Re: Still recommending daily vacuum... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Still recommending daily vacuum...
Date
Re: Still recommending daily vacuum...  (Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 11:31:08AM +0200, Michael Paesold wrote:
> > Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> > >I could provide numbers from production high use databases. We could
> > >probably back those down a little and make more reasonable numbers.
> >
> > Please do so. Perhaps others can also tell their typical settings.
>
> FWIW, I normally go with the 8.2 defaults, though I could see dropping
> vacuum_scale_factor down to 0.1 or 0.15. I also think the thresholds
> could be decreased further, maybe divide by 10.

How about pushing thresholds all the way down to 0?

--
Alvaro Herrera                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
"Vivir y dejar de vivir son soluciones imaginarias.