Re: Still recommending daily vacuum... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: Still recommending daily vacuum...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 11:31:08AM +0200, Michael Paesold wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >>
> >>We're still on time to change them ...  Any concrete proposals?
> >
> >I could provide numbers from production high use databases. We could
> >probably back those down a little and make more reasonable numbers.
>
> Please do so. Perhaps others can also tell their typical settings.

FWIW, I normally go with the 8.2 defaults, though I could see dropping
vacuum_scale_factor down to 0.1 or 0.15. I also think the thresholds
could be decreased further, maybe divide by 10.
--
Jim Nasby                                      decibel@decibel.org