Re: Loop through all views with PHP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From A. Kretschmer
Subject Re: Loop through all views with PHP
Date
List pgsql-general
am  Mon, dem 18.06.2007, um 14:59:34 +0200 mailte Stefan Schwarzer folgendes:
> Hi there,
>
> my app is creating views for a certain task; now, I would like to run
> on a regular basis a script which deletes these views. As they are
> named with the date/hour/min/sec-appendix to make each view unique, I
> don't know the names myself (Ok, I could stock the names in a
> separate table as well).
>
> Is there any way via PHP to loop through the whole set of views to
> delete those with a specific name?

You can scripting this,
http://people.planetpostgresql.org/greg/index.php?/archives/38-Scripting-with-psql.html#extended.

Modify the query there, change "WHERE relkind = 'r'" and compare with
'v' (VIEW).

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer