Re: [HACKERS] Avoiding legal email signatures - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Avoiding legal email signatures
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 01:12:40PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> But you get this now? Most of the time, I get a combined one with one
> plaintext and one html part, IIRC... But it could be a user setting or
> somethign.

Or maybe an old server.  The only _proper_ way to send messages that
are supposed to be 2822 messages is to include at least one RFC822
message body.  This may change when EAI is adopted, but until that
day, MIME is your friend and not sending an RFC822 message body is a
way of telling parts of the Internet that you don't want to talk to
them.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.                --Brad Holland