Re: [RFC] GSoC Work on readonly queries done so far - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [RFC] GSoC Work on readonly queries done so far
Date
Re: [RFC] GSoC Work on readonly queries done so far  ("Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew@tocr.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 12:17 -0400, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> > Florian G. Pflug wrote:
> > > Work done so far:
> > >  .) Don't start autovacuum and bgwriter.
> >
> > Do table stats used by the planner get replicated on a PITR slave?  I
> > assume so, but if not, you would need autovac to do analyzes.
>
> The replication is an exact block-level replication of the master. We
> can't write very much at all on the slave.

Hmm, something to keep in mind is forcing cache invals when the master
causes them (for example relation cache, catalog caches and plan
caches).