Re: Running v8.1 amd v8.2 at the same time for a transition - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vincenzo Romano
Subject Re: Running v8.1 amd v8.2 at the same time for a transition
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 06 June 2007 13:41:12 Oliver Elphick wrote:
> Any suggestions for improvement?

As far as "running two or more versions of the PGSQL server in the same
machine", I don't see solutions really different from the current one.
So I would not waste time and resources in designing a (not really) different
solution.

But better documentation both as contents and as visibility would close this
issue., in my opinion.

The solution was in /usr/share/doc/postgresql-<VER>/README.Debian.gz.
Some more hints could be extracted from the friendly "man -k clusters".
(I personally missed this last point!)
But I would have preferred to see an additional paragraph in the
standard tools man pages (psql/pg_dump/pg_restore) talking about clusters,
pointing to that file and possibly cross referencing to pg_lsclusters.

--
Vincenzo Romano