Re: [Fwd: Re: Autovacuum keeps vacuuming a table disabled in pg_autovacuum] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Autovacuum keeps vacuuming a table disabled in pg_autovacuum]
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 07:34:13AM -0700, Ron St-Pierre wrote:
> >VACUUM FULL _does not_ mean "vacuum everything"!

> What do you mean by this?

Sorry, I was trying to prevent you doing a VACUUM FULL you didn't
want (but another message said you actually intended a vacuum full).
Several people have been bitten by the misunderstanding that "VACUUM
FULL" means "VACUUM ALL TABLES" (e.g. vaccum full database).

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
you told them to.  That actually seems sort of quaint now.
        --J.D. Baldwin