Re: [Fwd: Re: Autovacuum keeps vacuuming a table disabled in pg_autovacuum] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Autovacuum keeps vacuuming a table disabled in pg_autovacuum]
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 01:27:14PM -0700, Ron St-Pierre wrote:
>  imp=# select age(datfrozenxid) from pg_database where datname = 'imp';
>      age
>   1571381411
>  (1 row)
>
> Time to start VACUUM FULL ANALYZE over the weekend.

I guess this comes too late, but you don't need VACUUM FULL for that.
VACUUM FULL _does not_ mean "vacuum everything"!

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Unfortunately reformatting the Internet is a little more painful
than reformatting your hard drive when it gets out of whack.
        --Scott Morris