Re: Versionning (was: Whole-row comparison) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Versionning (was: Whole-row comparison)
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 01:40:18PM +0300, christian.roche.ext@nsn.com wrote:
> case ?  The nicest thing would really to have parametrized view.  Is
> there any fundamental reason why such a beast does not exist, or is it
> only postgres (compared to higher-level RDBMS) ?

I don't think there's a fundamental reason, no.  But why couldn't you
change your query to issue the SRF directly, with the parameter:

SELECT * FROM some_srf(param1, param2)?

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
"The year's penultimate month" is not in truth a good way of saying
November.    --H.W. Fowler