Re: autovacuum vacuums entire database...is this right? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: autovacuum vacuums entire database...is this right?
Date
List pgsql-general
richyen3@gmail.com escribió:
> It's been about a month and a half, and I'm getting this VACUUM
> again.  This time, I'm wondering if there's any way to tell if
> autovacuum is doing a database-wide vacuum for the sake of xid
> wraparound or for some other reason.  Is there some sort of entry that
> gets put into the log, and if so, what log level would it be at?

No, I don't think we had yet set more extensive logging in autovacuum.

> If this doesn't get logged, could I make this a feature request?

Not really, because starting from 8.2 autovacuum no longer does that.
There is no longer a need for database-wide vacuums.  So if you're
having problems because of that, your best bet is to upgrade.