Re: Ohio LinuxFest 2007 CFS - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Ohio LinuxFest 2007 CFS
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 10:30:35AM -0400, Joshua Kramer wrote:

> I actually work in Columbus - used to live there, now live an hour away.
> Unfortunately I don't have enough in-depth experience (yet) related to PG
> to give a PG-specific talk.

Perhaps you could give a talk there (or someone could anywhere!)
about the "gotchas" involved in picking up Postgres.  I know that
some things are probably now "obvious" to me that one time threw me
for a loop.  I just don't know what they are any more. :)  Someone
talking about that with fresh eyes might be helpful to the community.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
However important originality may be in some fields, restraint and
adherence to procedure emerge as the more significant virtues in a
great many others.   --Alain de Botton