Re: backend crash with FATAL: BeginInternalSubTransaction: unexpected state END - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Frank van Vugt
Subject Re: backend crash with FATAL: BeginInternalSubTransaction: unexpected state END
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Hmm, do you get the impression that user-written constraint triggers
> aren't very well tested ;-) ?

Well, we users are here to serve ;)

> It looks to me like BeginInternalSubTransaction simply needs to allow
> TBLOCK_END (and TBLOCK_PREPARE too) as acceptable initial states

Ok, so for patch-sake, when I change BeginInternalSubTransaction() in xact.c
by moving these two cases to the upper set
(TBLOCK_STARTED/INPROGRESS/SUBINPROGRESS), then I should be ok?

At the moment, this looks like a showstopper, so I'd prefer patching and move
on ;)

--
Best,

Frank.