Re: cluster test - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joachim Wieland
Subject Re: cluster test
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 12:14:14PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Curiouser and curiouser.  You still get the indexscan as preferred if
> you EXPLAIN the query after the regression tests complete, right?
> Could you step through cost_seqscan and see how it's arriving at such
> a high value?

Ok... I figured it out... When I was doing the guc patch I modified my
startdb.sh script such that it passes settings on the command line to
postmaster. There I changed seq_page_cost. I know that I have removed those
settings on my laptop computer since then but I seem to have copied it here
on my other machine at that time and so it started with a different
seq_page_cost... *blushing*...

Sorry for the noise... Interesting though that it only made a difference to
the cluster test...

Joachim