Re: cluster test - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joachim Wieland
Subject Re: cluster test
Date
Re: cluster test  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: cluster test  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 10:33:41AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> We should find out why that's happening rather than just throwing an
> ORDER BY at it.  Considering the number of buildfarm machines that
> aren't showing any such problem, there must be something odd about
> yours.  What's the platform?  What plan is being chosen for that SELECT?

It's regular Debian Linux 2.6 on ix86.

EXPLAIN SELECT conname FROM pg_constraint WHERE conrelid = 'clstr_tst'::regclass;
                                            QUERY PLAN
 Index Scan using pg_constraint_conrelid_index on pg_constraint (cost=0.00..8.27 rows=1 width=64)
   Index Cond: (conrelid = 170982::oid)
(2 rows)

SELECT conname FROM pg_constraint WHERE conrelid = 'clstr_tst'::regclass;
    conname
 clstr_tst_con
 clstr_tst_pkey
(2 rows)

As said before, it only happens with "make installcheck", not "make check".

Joachim