Re: CREATE TABLE LIKE INCLUDING INDEXES support - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: CREATE TABLE LIKE INCLUDING INDEXES support
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian escribió:

> Your patch has been added to the PostgreSQL unapplied patches list at:
>
>     http://momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgpatches
>
> It will be applied as soon as one of the PostgreSQL committers reviews
> and approves it.

I noticed that this patch uses names for some things (for example it
gets the name of the access method), and then builds a IndexStmt which
contains the name.  I don't think this is a good idea.  I think what
should happen here is that the function to build indexes should be split
in two: one to resolve the names and fill a structure with Oids of
things, and another to get that structure and actually build the index
or constraint.  For example look into how GrantStmt is turned into
InternalGrant, and the stuff in aclchk.c to work with that.