Re: [DOCS] Autovacuum and XID wraparound - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: [DOCS] Autovacuum and XID wraparound
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 06:13:47PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> writes:
> > > I suppose it would be pretty trivial to set the relfrozenxid to
> > > RecentXmin or something during TRUNCATE.
> >
> > I had the idea we were doing that already --- at least I'm pretty sure I
> > remember it being discussed.  But I see it's not being done in HEAD.
>
> Patch to do it attached.  I am thinking we can do something similar in
> CLUSTER as well.

Actually, it already happens for CLUSTER because cluster calls
heap_create_with_catalog, which calls AddNewRelationTuple. See
backend/catalog/heap.c line 716.
--
Jim Nasby                                      decibel@decibel.org