Re: How to use 2PC? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: How to use 2PC?
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 10:23:19AM +0200, David Flegl wrote:
> Hi,
>   I need to use two phase commit transaction. For connection to other databases I use contribution dblink. But I
don'tknow how to use correctly PREPARE TRANSACTION. I need to rollback transaction on others db's when one fails. But
howI'll know it? Documentation says nothing about it. How can I get result if PREPARE TRANSACTION failed or passed?

> If some links or help you have, I will be thanks a lot.

2PC by itself isn't terribly useful... you need a transaction manager
riding herd on top of it, and transaction managers are fairly complex in
their own right.
--
Jim Nasby                                      decibel@decibel.org