Removing pg_auth_members.grantor (was Grantor name gets lost when grantor role dropped) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Removing pg_auth_members.grantor (was Grantor name gets lost when grantor role dropped)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> >> Why is it that we record grantor at all?  One could argue that granting
> >> membership in a role is done on behalf of that role and there's no real
> >> need to remember exactly who did it.
>
> > I think you should ask Stephen Frost about that -- added to CC.
>
> > If the grantor bit is not important, then what we should do is just omit
> > emitting the GRANTED BY part in pg_dumpall, which fixes this report.
>
> It's at least something we should reflect on before sweating hard to
> make it work...

I took a look, and concluded that the only bit of code that uses the
grantor at all is pg_dumpall.

Does this means we can remove it altogether?  In back branches, we would
take out the pg_dumpall code.