conversion_procs makefiles - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject conversion_procs makefiles
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I noticed that conversion_procs is sadly single-tasked to build.  I am
wondering if it would be acceptable to rework the Makefile.shlib to have
an option to allow building multiple libs, by creating a rule to collect
libraries to build, and have each conversion_proc Makefile add a target
to that.  Then the whole lot of libraries would be built by a single
non-recursive make pass, instead of the current recursive approach.

I don't have a patch yet but I've been playing with it a bit.  I don't
think I'd have time for 8.3 though.

Objections?