Re: log_autovacuum - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: log_autovacuum
Date
Re: log_autovacuum  ("Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-patches
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Seems fair.  Updated patch attached.
>
> If there are no further comments, I'll add some docs and apply it later.

If autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay is set to 20, my pitiful desktop system
takes 8.4 seconds to analyze a 8000 page table:

DEBUG:  "bar": scanned 3000 of 8811 pages, containing 681000 live rows and 0 dead rows; 3000 rows in sample, 2000097
estimatedtotal rows
LOG:  automatic analyze of table "alvherre.public.bar" system usage: CPU 0.00s/0.01u sec elapsed 8.39 sec

So I guess logging on ANALYZE is not that removed from reality.

I also think we should remove these DEBUG messages, that are now
useless:

DEBUG:  autovac: will ANALYZE bar