Re: What about SkyTools? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: What about SkyTools?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 11 April 2007 12:08, Dmitry Koterov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Have anybody used SkyTools in production environment?
> What's the impression? In practice - is it now more preferrable than Slony
> or not yet?

Well, skype using them in production...   I think the general consensus of the
postgresql community is that slony is still the preferred choice, but on
number of deployments and general community knowledge, assuming you need
master/slave style replication.  Everything else is still considered fairly
green technology, though that's no reason not to test it in your environment.
IMHO YMMV

--
Robert Treat