Re: RES: Order by behaviour - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: RES: Order by behaviour
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 06:46:27PM -0300, Carlos H. Reimer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to find the docs about the collating sequence standards but
> could not find.
>
> Would like to know for example which characters are ignored by the "order
> by" in some of the collating types.

There are no standards. The collation used by the postgres is whatever
collation is done by your OS. So you need to check there...

Loosely defined, its sorts the same way as "sort" does. So you can test
by doing things like:

LC_COLLATE=foo sort <bar

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.