SQLConnect failure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From greg@bryantrecording.com
Subject SQLConnect failure
Date
Re: SQLConnect failure  (Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>)
List pgsql-general
We have code that has been using MSDE/SQL Server successfully for years,
and are adding Postgres support.  Doing a SQLConnect to connect to a
local Postgres server works fine, but if we try to connect to a remote
system, the SQLConnect fails, and we get an error code that seems to
indicate "The value specified for the argument UserName or the value
specified for the argument Authentication violated restrictions defined
by the data source.".

We can connect via pgadmin to the remote system, so we believe all the
little .conf files should be correct, but can't get in
programmatically.  Any pointers on where to look?

Thanks,
Greg