Re: Macros for typtype (was Re: Arrays of Complex Types) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Macros for typtype (was Re: Arrays of Complex Types)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 07:13:20PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > I wrote:
> >
> > > A lot :-( ... probably every place that touches typtype or typelem would
> > > need at least a look.  It'd be a good idea to take the opportunity to
> > > start using macros for the values of typtype, as we do for relkind but
> > > for some reason never adopted for typtype.
> >
> > I just realized that I need to check every usage of typtype to be sure
> > that the enums patch is sane.  So, barring objection, I intend to take
> > this opportunity to make the code stop referring directly to 'b', 'c'
> > etc whereever possible.  Any objections to these names?
> >
> > #define    TYPTYPE_BASE        'b'
> > #define    TYPTYPE_COMPOSITE    'c'
> > #define    TYPTYPE_DOMAIN        'd'
> > #define    TYPTYPE_ENUM        'e'
> > #define    TYPTYPE_PSEUDO        'p'
>
> I like macros.  ;-)

Macros are great. :)

What say we put one in pre-emptively for TYPTYPE_ARRAY?

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666                             Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate