Re: Arrays of Complex Types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Arrays of Complex Types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 03:40:16PM -0800, David Fetter wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'd like to take the TODO item that reads, "Add support for arrays of
> complex types," but before I start patching, I'd like to see whether
> what I'm about to do makes any sense:

After several rounds of patches, it appears that it might be easier to
create a new typtype entry, which I'll tentatively call 'a' because it
seems a little fragile and a lot inelegant and hard to maintain to
have typtype='c' and typrelid=InvalidOid mean, "this is an array of
complex types."  I'd like to see about making this new typtype
available for arrays of DOMAINs eventually, but that's not a
requirement right this instant.

What parts of the code would need a once-over?

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666                             Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate