Re: Arrays of Complex Types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Arrays of Complex Types
Date
Re: Arrays of Complex Types  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
David Fetter wrote:

> The first is in type_sanity, which basically doesn't understand that
> complex types now have array types associated with them and thinks
> they're orphan array types, so it's actually the test that's not
> right.

Hmm, I question the usefulness of automatically creating array types for
all relation types that are created -- the catalog bloat seems a bit too
much.  An array of pg_autovacuum for example, does that make sense?

I'm not sure what was the reaction to having an "CREATE TYPE foo ARRAY
OF bar" command of some kind?  I think this was discussed but not
explicitely rejected, or was it?