Re: Joining the OSA - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Joining the OSA
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Andy,

> Having said that, if the community either (a) doesn't see this as
> aligned with its interests, or (b) has a policy against joining stuff
> like this, then so be it.

It's more that I put forward joining the OSA beacuse based on my
conversation with Barry, I thought it would give PostgreSQL a little
visibility without really costing anything.  However, the terms make it
clear that you intend OSA as a serious trade lobby, which is something
which is very hard for a diffuse community of sometimes conflicting
interests like PostgreSQL to participate in.  Some of our
members/supporters won't agree with the OSA, and I can definitely
anticipate the battle I'd get over even suggesting a banner on the home
page.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus