BSD advertizing clause in some files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject BSD advertizing clause in some files
Date
Re: BSD advertizing clause in some files  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Someone has pointed out that the following files have the 4-part BSD
copyright, which includes the advertising clause:

src/backend/port/darwin/system.csrc/backend/port/dynloader/freebsd.csrc/backend/port/dynloader/openbsd.csrc/backend/port/dynloader/netbsd.csrc/backend/utils/mb/wstrcmp.csrc/backend/utils/mb/wstrncmp.csrc/port/strtoul.csrc/port/getopt.csrc/port/getopt_long.csrc/port/inet_aton.csrc/port/strtol.csrc/port/snprintf.ccontrib/pgcrypto/blf.ccontrib/pgcrypto/blf.h

Because Berkeley has said the advertising clause is to be
ignored/removed, should we remove it from our files too?

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com