Re: Regular Expressions - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Regular Expressions
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 02:37:07PM -0300, Ezequias R. da Rocha wrote:
> Great I am thinking of putting my like to rest. I felt it faster than
> "like" statement, have you any information about that ?

I think this rather depends on what you're doing.

If you're searching for "like 'blahblah%' or " ~ 'blahblah.*'",
they're AFAIK about the same.  When you have a more complicated RE,
though, it might turn out to be a win.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Information security isn't a technological problem.  It's an economics
problem.    --Bruce Schneier