Re: orphaned PGDATA/base/ subdirectories - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: orphaned PGDATA/base/ subdirectories
Date
List pgsql-general
Reece Hart wrote:

> > are you in the habit of
> > banging on ^C repeatedly?  I couldn't reproduce such a problem in a
> > small amount of testing though.
>
> You mean C-c doesn't work like elevator buttons?

No, it's much better because you can actually get results quicker if you
press it several times.

On the other hand it would be scary to have the elevator "change its
mind" on the middle of carrying you to 20th and suddenly opening the
floor for dumping you to the basement instead.  Which one would think is
pretty much what must have happened here ...