Re: orphaned PGDATA/base/ subdirectories - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Reece Hart
Subject Re: orphaned PGDATA/base/ subdirectories
Date
List pgsql-general
are you in the habit of
banging on ^C repeatedly?  I couldn't reproduce such a problem in a
small amount of testing though.

You mean C-c doesn't work like elevator buttons?

It wouldn't surprise me that I hit repeatedly. I certainly remember at least one case where it seemed like I was being ignored and hit C-c repeatedly. It's also quite possible that I logged out from ssh (with ~.), and I have no idea what signal (signals?) that ultimately sends. And, last night I sent KILL when I was convinced that I was being ignored and was about to restart the cluster anyway, for which I'd expect remnants. However, I'm certain of the observation that disk full led to remnants of a partial copy. That job was running in the background when I wasn't logged in.

Thanks,
Reece

--
Reece Hart, http://harts.net/reece/, GPG:0x25EC91A0
./universe -G 6.672e-11 -e 1.602e-19 -protonmass 1.673e-27 -uspres bush