Re: There is acid without transactions ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: There is acid without transactions ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 01:05:12PM -0300, Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha wrote:
> I would like to know if an statement like.
>
> Insert into foo values (1,'Brazil');
>
> Makes an ACID transaction. I am wondered if i must have a  Begin...Commit
> statemnt to garantee my ACIDs transactions.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/tutorial-transactions.html

"PostgreSQL actually treats every SQL statement as being executed
within a transaction.  If you do not issue a BEGIN command, then
each individual statement has an implicit BEGIN and (if successful)
COMMIT wrapped around it."

--
Michael Fuhr