Re: New Access Method - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: New Access Method
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 07:38:15PM +0100, Alan Gatt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to create a new index which is multidimensional (based on
> R-Tree) which can be used for data warehosuing. I have read the Developers'
> manual about adding new indexes, and now I want to start coding the new

As stated you havn't given any details as to the actual problem.

However, you don't need to change the source tree at all to make a new
index on a type. You usually make the helper functions and then create
the operator class and you're done...

Have a nice day,