Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> On 2/28/07, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > We have several methods suggested to check the blocks, like CRC.  My
> > point was that, whatever check method we use, we should be prepared to
> > check on startup, or at least make it the default for a crash restart.
>
> Sounds like it should be a guc.  I most certainly wouldn't check the
> entire database, especially if it was over a gigabyte.

Keep in mind if you don't check it on startup, you will be checking it
for every read, which for rare crashes, might not be wise.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com