Re: Implicit casts with generic arrays - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Implicit casts with generic arrays
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Am Dienstag, 27. Februar 2007 19:50 schrieb Tom Lane:
> Seems basically we'd want to not cast unknown to anyarray unless there
> is some additional bit of context suggesting that that's the right thing.
> But what should that extra requirement be?  Can we go as far as not
> doing this cast implicitly at all?

We could say that unknown is not taken as anyarray input if the entire
function/operator argument list consists of anyelement or anyarray.  But that
might be even harder to comprehend.  With the ARRAY[...] syntax available,
converting unknown to anyarray might be altogether unnecessary.

--
Peter Eisentraut