Re: Position of a field - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From A. Kretschmer
Subject Re: Position of a field
Date
List pgsql-sql
am  Tue, dem 27.02.2007, um  8:51:27 -0300 mailte Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha folgendes:
> Hi list,
>
> I just would like to know if it is possible to change the position of
> a field in a table. I am seen in pgAdmin3 that there is a position but
> on th is application I can't see if there is a place to do that.

Why do you want to do this? You can define the order of the fields in
the SELECT-Statement. Other way: you can create a VIEW. And another way:
you can recreate the table (create new_table as select <cols in desired
order> from old_table, drop old_table, rename new_tabel to old_table)

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer