Re: server closed unexpectedly while executing a function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: server closed unexpectedly while executing a function
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 09:34:51AM -0500, Jasbinder Singh Bali wrote:
> To add to my last post,
> in my perl function I'm using
>
> use DBI;
> my $dbh=DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=xyz; host=192.168.0.120; port=5432;",
> "", "");
>
> to connect to the same DB server.
>
> And then i have series of
> dbh->prepare and ->execute
> Unofrtunately it has started crying smth like
>
> no connection to the server where ever i have these execute statements.
> I just executes the first sql statement and fails at the rest

Do the database logs of the server you're connecting to show what
might be wrong?  Have you used any of DBI's tracing options (see
TRACING in the DBI manual page)?  Does a standalone Perl script
fail the same way?  I'd suggest making sure the code works in a
standalone script before using it in a trigger function.

--
Michael Fuhr