Re: autovacuum next steps - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: autovacuum next steps
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I'm wondering if we can do one better...

Since what we really care about is I/O responsiveness for the rest of
the system, could we just time how long I/O calls take to complete? I
know that gettimeofday can have a non-trivial overhead, but do we care
that much about it in the case of autovac?