Re: Why *exactly* is date_trunc() not immutable ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: Why *exactly* is date_trunc() not immutable ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 03:28:01PM -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> > What is the technical reason that makes you wonder ?
>
> Because it would make doing the queries simpler.
> If you aren't collecting the data, it doesn't make sense to deal with the
> extra headaches involved with pretending you know what time of day someone
> was born.
Oh, I see. When I said that users don't enter the hour and
minute that was targetted at search time. They do enter the
time part when entering a new patient, of course.

So, it's surely collected. It's just not used for searching.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346