Re: Chatter on DROP SOMETHING IF EXISTS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Chatter on DROP SOMETHING IF EXISTS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Am Montag, 19. Februar 2007 13:12 schrieb Alvaro Herrera:
> >> I don't understand -- what problem you got with "NO OPERATION"?  It
> >> seemed a sound idea to me.
>
> > It seems nonorthogonal.  What if only some of the tables you mentioned did not
> > exist?  Do you get "SOME OPERATION"?
>
> I'd say you get DROP TABLE as long as at least one table was dropped.

If we went with DROP TABLE if any table was dropped, and NO OPERATION
for none, I am fine with that.  What I didn't want was a different NO
OPERATION-type of message for every object type.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com