Re: Adding audit trail fields and triggers to all tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Adding audit trail fields and triggers to all tables
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 06:38:40PM +0200, Andrus wrote:
> I need to add the following fields to all tables to existing 8.1 database:

Why redo work?

<http://pgfoundry.org/projects/tablelog/>

<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/plpgsql-trigger.html#PLPGSQL-TRIGGER-AUDIT-EXAMPLE>

Cheers,

> created timestamp without time zone DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP NOT NULL,
>
> createdby text DEFAULT CURRENT_USER,
>
> updated timestamp without time zone DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP NOT NULL,
>
> updatedby text   -- current_user who last updates this record
>

> I need also to add triggers so that updated and updatedby fields ae
> automatically set when record is changed.
>

> Where to find script which implements this ?
>

> Andrus.

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!