Re: Keyword OWNED not recognized in pg v. 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Keyword OWNED not recognized in pg v. 8.1
Date
List pgsql-general
Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> For what it's worth, I've always found it easier to compile from
> source than to try and grapple with packet managers, both under
> RedHat and Ubuntu, and I'm no Linux expert.... on Ubuntu in
> particular, apt-get seems to scatter files around the hard disk in
> all sorts of non-standard places.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure both Red Hat and Ubuntu, following the LSB and
all, scatter their files in a decidedly standard way.  Of course you
are not required to like that way, but then you will have similar
issues with most Linux binary packages.  If you have particular and
well-founded gripes with the package layout, a bug report would also
work.

--
Peter Eisentraut