Re: Keyword OWNED not recognized in pg v. 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: Keyword OWNED not recognized in pg v. 8.1
Date
List pgsql-general
dfx wrote:

> I tryied also with .rpm downloaded from postgres official site but I get a
> lot of unresolved dependencies.
>
> So I ask if it exist a document that explain step by step the process to
> upgrade v. 8.1 to v. 8.2 under Fedora Core 6, a document for novices, as I
> am.

For what it's worth, I've always found it easier to compile from source
than to try and grapple with packet managers, both under RedHat and
Ubuntu, and I'm no Linux expert.... on Ubuntu in particular, apt-get
seems to scatter files around the hard disk in all sorts of non-standard
places.

The installation instructions in the docs are very comprehensive and
easy to follow, and as long as you make sure that you have all the
requirements (readline and zlib in particular) you should have no problem.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie