Re: regression in 8.8.2 [was Re: Very strange error] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: regression in 8.8.2 [was Re: Very strange error]
Date
Re: regression in 8.8.2 [was Re: Very strange error]  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 10:09:16AM -0500, Michael Slattery wrote:
> > When does this error crop up?  What is the query?  Does this select
> > involve more than one table, or does it involve any homemade
> > functions?  Or overriden functions?
>
> My application broke in a big way with the security update to 8.2.2 so
> I hope this is a bug in 8.2.2 and not an intentional breakage of
> backwards compatibility in a security update ;).
>
> Actually I'm using the REL8_2_STABLE branch in CVS which may be a bit
> more advanced than the plain 8.2.2, but still it's supposedly a stable
> branch.
>
> The easiest way for me to reproduce is this:
>
> cpushare=> create table x (x NUMERIC(28,2) CHECK(x >= 0));
> CREATE TABLE
> cpushare=> insert into x values (0);
> INSERT 0 1
> cpushare=> update x set x = 0;
> ERROR:  attribute 1 has wrong type
> DETAIL:  Table has type numeric, but query expects numeric.
> cpushare=>
>
> Comments welcome. Thanks!

This is a known bug in 8.2.2 and we are discussing methods of
distributing the fix as quickly as possible.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us
  Homepage        http://momjian.us